Over the last 15 years or so, baby massage has become very popular, in fact, most parents expect there to be classes in their area. But what are the benefits for babies and for parents?
Massage can help babies:
- Feel loved, respected and secure
- Adapt to their new environment
- Learn to play
- Improve physiological health by:
- Stimulating all the senses
- Promoting relaxation which can improve quality of sleep
- Enhancing growth and development
- Encouraging body awareness
- Regulating the digestive systems and reduce the discomfort of colic, wind and constipation Improving skin condition and muscle tone
- Maintaining flexibility of the joints, ligaments and tendons
- Strengthening the respiratory, and immune systems
- Stimulating the circulatory system
- Helping to balance the nervous system
Massage can help parents:
- Feel more confident about handling their baby
- Understand the signs and signals their baby uses, so they know what they are ‘saying’ to them
- Find time to play with their baby
- Relax whilst having fun with their baby
- Enhance the feeling of closeness with their baby, so that their relationship may strengthen and grow Massage classes can help parents:
- Get to know other parents with young babies
- Share their new experiences
- Learn a wonderful new skill that they can share with their baby
- Have a break from their daily routine
Most importantly, baby massage gives parents the opportunity to spend special time with their baby through positive touch, so that they have time for special hugs and holds, sing nursery rhymes, learn about and play with their baby.
This wonderful skill has so many benefits for parents and their baby!
To book onto our next baby massage class please contact reception.